Living Journeys can connect you with the services you need.
Gunnison Valley Wellness & Health Guide
This Guide was created in response to grassroots demand. It is a product of the valley-wide One Valley Prosperity Project and the Community Foundation of the Gunnison Valley’s Health Equity project.
In most cases, commercial businesses are not included where non-profits also exist. For example, Wal-Mart and the Boom-A-Rang are not included as places for basic clothing needs but Six Points or St. Jude’s Thrift Store are. However, if there are commercial businesses or departments in a larger business that are exclusively health-related – such as pharmacies or sporting goods stores that rent equipment – they are included. Spas that provide only aesthetic or cosmetic services are not included, but it they also include massage therapy services, they are.
- Basic Needs Food, clothing, shelter, emergency contacts and the social support networks for people in need.
- Physical Health Traditional and alternative treatment options.
- Mental Health Traditional and alternative treatment options.
- Spiritual Well-Being Organized religious groups as well as individuals whose practice
- Education Preschool, elementary, high school, college, continuing education programs, vocational education, GED, English language, libraries, museums or any nonprofit that offers classes.
- Exercise/Recreation Opportunities to stay active and healthy both in a gym or in the great outdoors.
- Get Connected Ways to connect with people whose interests are like yours – causes you could volunteer for, support groups, clubs and more. There are scores of other informal groups and you could find them via public library bulletin boards or website www.gunnisoncountylibraries.org, at two local Facebook pages Gunnison Marketplace and Gunnison Valley Non-profit Forum or in the weekly Shopper available throughout the county each week
the wellbeing connection
Is a resource for practitioners, teachers, physicians, nurses, therapists, acupuncturists, nutritionists, counselors, pastors, intuitives, coaches, trainers, artists, dancers, green-builders, adventure guides, etc. who have come together in this nonprofit with the intention of expanding the awareness of the array of WELLBEING support here in the Gunnison Valley.